New e-book features trends, predictions and commentary from Fox, MPAA, GoMedia, PlayKids, MTS and other industry thought leaders on topics like 4K, piracy, watermarking and disruptive technologies
AMSTERDAM – 23 February 2017 – A new eBook from Irdeto, the world leader in digital platform security, covers some of the hottest trends that will shape the media and entertainment industry in the year ahead. A Preview of Coming Attractions: What’s Ahead for the Media & Entertainment Industry, features expert commentary from multiple Irdeto and industry thought leaders, including executives from Twentieth Century Fox Film, MPAA, GoMedia, PlayKids, MTS, Foxtel, freenet TV and Vietnam Satellite Digital Television Company, LTD. Topics include industry collaboration to combat piracy, a 360-degree approach to anti-piracy, watermarking as a preferred security technique, innovation in IP video and 4K UHD, challenges and opportunities to address shifts in consumer viewing habits and key disruptors poised to shake up the market.
“Our industry is at a crossroads. Change has been constant over the last several years, providing consumers with more options to find and consume their preferred content than ever before,” said Doug Lowther, CEO, Irdeto. “These changes have also brought with them many challenges when it comes to addressing those needs, including costs, security, content availability and much more. The media & entertainment industry needs to address these challenges head-on in order to continue to build our businesses.”
Insights on what’s “coming soon” in the media & entertainment space include:
- All For One And One For All Against Piracy: We have seen piracy grow to a fully-fledged business, plaguing the content creation industry. A battle for market share between licensed and illegal platforms is brewing, and each industry stakeholder plays a vital role in combating piracy.
- The Piracy Strategy That Will Leave Its Mark in the Year Ahead: Watermarking has become a critical component of an organization’s 360-degree anti-piracy strategy. To combat content theft and redistribution, watermarking in conjunction with a multi-DRM strategy, detection and enforcement is developing into a preferred security and protection technique.
- OTT: A Hit with Consumers and A Hot Bed for Innovation: We have seen a tremendous shift in the market as OTT services become a preferred media channel. As the popularity of these services continues to grow, OTT providers will expand beyond just subscription video on demand (SVOD) and transactional video on demand (TVOD) services into linear TV.
- 4K UHD: Coming to a Home Near You: As consumer demand for 4K UHD content grows, it is no surprise that providers and content producers expect 4K UHD to be a key revenue driver in the years ahead. While the 4K UHD future may be bright, the pay media industry faces many challenges to deliver this valuable content securely to the masses.
- Consumers Have a Habit of Changing: The three elements of consumer choice – content, value and convenience – are key influencers causing many changes in consumer habits. This ongoing shift in user behavior, coupled with an increase in the amount of viewing options, creates many challenges for content owners and operators to navigate this muddled landscape.
- Key Disruptors Poised to Shake Up the Market: Change is inevitable for any industry, but disruptors have the potential to alter a market, change business models and the ways that consumers interact with organizations. The media industry is facing a few disruptors, including blockchain, the cloud, virtual reality, big data and wireless local area network services.
To view the full eBook, please visit: https://irdeto.uberflip.com/i/792768-e-book-a-preview-of-coming-attractions-whats-ahead-for-the-media-entertainment-industry/0?
Irdeto. Building a Secure Future.™
Irdeto is the world leader in digital platform security, protecting platforms and applications across multiple industries, such as media & entertainment, payments and automotive. Our solutions and services enable customers to protect their revenue, create new offerings and fight cybercrime. With nearly 50 years of expertise in security, Irdeto’s software security technology and cyber services protect over 5 billion devices and applications for some of the world’s best known brands. Our unique heritage as a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN) means that we are a well-established and reliable partner to help build a more secure future. Please visit Irdeto at www.irdeto.com.
For further information, please contact:
Irdeto Media Team