Irdeto NOC offers unmatched ability to support operators with an infrastructure and real-time support for multiscreen, anti-piracy and revenue assurance initiatives
AMSTERDAM – 22 April 2014 – In response to the growing OTT and multiscreen environment and consumer expectation for a flawless user experience, Irdeto, a world leader in Multiscreen, Revenue Assurance and Media Protection solutions, today celebrated the opening of its new global Network Operations Center (NOC). Emphasizing the company’s commitment to excellence in customer service, the NOC offers 24/7 monitoring and rapid response for customers deploying Irdeto’s hosted/cloud-based solutions and Managed Services.
“In an always-on world where content delivery and personalization are enabled via the cloud, our customers must deliver exceptional levels of quality that match, and in the future, surpass, video broadcast level standards,” said Ben Bennett, SVP Services at Irdeto. “The NOC is designed to give our customers real-time monitoring and enhanced service levels for our hosted/cloud-based Multiscreen and Rights solutions. However, we will also use the facility to track and monitor other areas that impact our customers businesses such as the rising trend of global internet piracy and the need for Revenue Assurance.”
From launch, the NOC will offer an established and dedicated Customer Care Team of over 40 staff with over 300 collective years of experience that will proactively monitor Business Critical Applications, Services and Hardware in real time, allowing rapid response to service disruptions and customer cases.
Underscoring the importance of a flawless 24/7 user experience, Ed Barton, Head of TV, Informa added: “Traditional TV still epitomises the maxim “it just works” regardless of the size of the audience. Meanwhile, we still hear about instances where service providers have failed at OTT distribution – particularly during live streams of big sporting events or the release of a hotly anticipated show. Given the increasingly competitive market for OTT streaming, providers who are unable to provide a consistent, high-quality user experience risk annoying, alienating and ultimately losing their audience. No one forgets missing the Super Bowl because their stream died.”
Additional benefits of the center include:
- Increased support for new Multiscreen and Rights customer implementations – dedicated team to reduce time to market and deployment times by over 50%
- Full support for security and content delivery across all devices and operating systems, as well as a full range of support for all major DRMs
- Managed Services “mission control” – full monitoring and reporting on content access for customers, identifying trends and anomalies within multi-screen and broadcast data
- State of the art equipment – over 30 screens with the latest in 4K technology in place to monitor live streams, server health status, and the Irdeto’s global network of customer operations in all regions
- Full visual displays to highlight end user request “heat maps,” scrolling performance and resource statistics and incoming high-priority alerts
- A central source for all customer care and monitoring issues that enhances existing regional support services, offering instant first-line support
Irdeto is a trusted partner to over 450 pay media companies & content owners around the world. The NOC currently services 25 of the leading pay media operators that Irdeto counts as customers.
Irdeto. Building a Secure Future.™
Irdeto is the world leader in digital platform security, protecting platforms and applications for media & entertainment, gaming, connected transport and IoT connected industries. Our solutions and services enable customers to protect their revenue, create new offerings and fight cybercrime. With nearly 50 years of expertise in security, Irdeto’s software security technology and cyber services protect over 5 billion devices and applications for some of the world’s best-known brands. Our unique heritage as a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN) means that we are a well-established and reliable partner to help build a more secure future. Please visit Irdeto at www.irdeto.com.
For further information about Irdeto please contact:
Ruder Finn UK
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7438 3070
Mobile: +44 (0) 7837 943645
Irdeto Media Team