That’s why we’ve created Irdeto Secure Environment with the assumption that a hacker already has root access — the highest of all system privileges. Unique to the industry, Secure Environment forces hackers to expend an improbable amount of effort to break into devices, making them move on to softer targets that aren’t as well protected. Its mutually reinforcing technologies offer unparalleled protection:
- Disables execution of anything except OEM authorized software.
- Removes debugging capability and memory examination.
- Encrypts binaries and file content.
- Hides decryption keys.
- Makes reverse engineering virtually impossible.
- Monitors hacking attempts and supports a range of OEM responses.
- Collects security incident data for post-mortem analysis.
Learn more about Secure Environment?
From the inside out
Secure Environment uniquely assumes perimeter security has been compromised and focuses instead on protecting everything else. It safeguards critical files, protects application data, and prevents hackers from adding malicious code, modifying executables and scripts, and reverse engineering. What’s more, it uses renewable security to frustrate hacking attempts by continually resetting hacker knowledge to ground zero. And, while a full cybersecurity audit is recommended, Secure Environment can be dropped into a system still under development.