An evolution beyond Hardware Security Module – QxEDGE™
Is the QxEDGE™ just a Hardware Security Module (HSM)?
Hardware Security Module (HSM) is a device that offers both logical as well as physical protection materials. Crypto4A’s QxEDGE™ is an evolution beyond Hardware Security Modules (HSMs). It brings together a quantum-ready HSM, a general-purpose compute platform, pre-integrated security applications, and world class remote operations and management capabilities, all converged in a single tamper-proof enclosure.
Why should you incorporate QxEDGE™ as HSM?
Allows the safe and secure operation of standard or customized security workloads anywhere in the world.
Reduces CAPEX and OPEX of traditional security workloads by distributing and sharing infrastructure.
Enables SecDevOps teams by reducing the overhead and complexity of traditional security approvals and requests, streamlining development processes.
Speeds up deployments and reduces the cost of new business innovation now and in the post-quantum world.
Irdeto, the world leader in digital platform security, partnered with Crypto4A, a company providing quantum-ready cybersecurity foundations for a trusted digital world to bring QxEDGE™ to the automotive, rail, and construction industries.
QxEDGE™ at a glance
- 19” 1U rackmount appliance
- Quantum Assured Security Module (QASMTM) containing 4 isolated HSMs with dedicated secure storage and processing
- 24/7 Active Anti-Tamper with dedicated backup power source
- Trusted Communications Matrix (TCMxTM) enabling Secure Network Zoning & Isolation, Virtual Air Gap using Secure One-Way Channels and Data Diodes
- FIPS validated high-quality entropy generated from multiple independent hardware sources, including quantum random number generators (QRNG)
- Quorum Authorization Policy Engine to enable advanced policy-based separation of roles and functions
- 4 single board computers (SBC), each with Intel Quad Core i7 Processors, 16GB of RAM, and 256 GB of Solid State Drive (SSD) storage running a Hardened Linux operating system with Docker and Kubernetes support
- Each QxEDGETM SBC can be configured with software-defined network access to one of four external Gbps Ethernet ports or isolated from external networks
- Complete platform over the air (OTA) quantum safe unattended software and firmware updates
- Easy-to-use, web-based platform monitoring, configuration, and unattended remote management interface
- Cryptography: Full NSA Suite B algorithms and standards-based Post Quantum Cryptography (PQC) algorithms
- Standards: FIPS 140-2 Level 3 (Pending), NIST SP 800-90B, NIST Entropy as a Service (EaaS) specification
- Dual redundant power supplies
Crypto4A, founded by industry experts who were instrumental in designing the first and second generation of HSMs that underpin the security of today’s internet, provides enterprises, cloud providers, mobile applications, and IoT developers with sophisticated hardware-based security to protect the digital keys that run commerce, banking, payments, logistics, and keep the entire digital economy safe from cybercriminals and nation state attackers.
For more information, please visit http://www.crypto4a.com.